Introduction to Business Feng Shui
Wall Street Chinese provides a very unique, creative and professional training and consulting service – Scientific Business Feng Shui to the business communities. Feng Shui is about creating a comfortable and auspicious living and/or working environment to improve people’s overall quality of life or performance of a business. Our Feng Shui consultant has both Eastern and Western education background, as well as extensive Feng Shui consulting experience. With a modern approach to this classical theory, we aim to apply Feng Shui knowledge and wisdom to improve your career, business performance, as well as decision making in everyone’s life. We provide critical and inspirational information with written Feng Shui evaluation reports in our consulting service.
Click here for Feng Shui interview by Dr Li Li with producer of Chinamericahitradio Steve Warren on 10/21/2013.
Feng Shui Trainer & Consultant – Dr. Li LI
Dr. Li LI is from Nanjing in China. He graduated from Cornell University with a Ph.D. in Biophysics in 2011. After graduation he worked as a private wealth strategist in the Investment Management Division at Goldman Sachs for 2 years. He gained Feng Shui knowledge from his family and has been a Feng Shui practitioner since 1999. He combined his scientific knowledge and traditional Feng Shui techniques to create a unique modern Feng Shui theories and methodologies to suit today’s individuals, families, business and companies the best.
List of our Feng Shui Services
Wall Street Chinese provides unique business Feng Shui workshops to business schools, business owners, corporations, and business associations etc. We work closely with certain industries which are directly related to Feng Shui such as real estate, industry, architecture and interior design. Our training is held at Wall Street training facilities , Chinese art & cultural center at TriBeCa, business schools or the client’s facilities.
We provide the following standard Feng Shui trainings. Customized Feng Shui workshop can be ordered for new real estate professionals, architects, interior designers, small-medium business owners, corporation executives, graduate programs of business schools or tenants of big residential buildings, etc.
List of Feng Shui trainings provided by Wall Street Chinese to the business communities:
– May 21, 2013, Introduction to Feng Shui for New York Business consultants LLC
– June 26,, 2013, Business Feng Shui workshop at Touro Graduate School of Business
– June 27, 2013, Business Feng Shui for US-China Business connections
– September 12, 2013, Feng Shui for Real Estate professionals at NYREI(New York Real Estate Institute)
– October 22, 2013, Fortune Feng Shui workshop
Special Workshop coming up: How to work with Chinese Real Estate Investors, May 26, 2015 , 6-9pm @32 Broadway Suite 401, NY, NY 10013
This workshop is in support of New York City Real Estate Brokers, lawyers, accountants, financial advisors and Real Estate owners. The workshop will lay out how to better deal with Chinese Real Estate Investors. This workshop is about the psychology, business culture and spending habits of the Chinese, especially the Chinese Real Estate Investors. The workshop also lays out a few facts that are very important for many Chinese Real Estate Investors, Feng Shui. Especially differnt case studies on how negative Feng Shui might be perceived and how you can avoid it.
6:00-7:00pm Networking & sponsor introduction
7:00-8:00pm Why and how Chinese are investing in the world of Real Esate, by Helen Liu, founder of Wall Street Chinese
8:00-9:00pm Feng Shui & case studies, Dr Li LI, Feng Shui consultant
A. BUSINESS FENG SHUI TRAINING
1. Feng Shui workshop for office/commercial space
2. “form” analysis 2–how to set up the proper internal layout
3. ”formula” analysis–how to create positive features for owners
a) 8-mansion system–calculate auspicious and inauspicious directional sectors inside the house and personal orientations
b) yearly flying star method–calculate spots that are favored for your wealth, health, relationship, study, etc
4. Introduction of Personology
a) understand personal strength and weakness
b) timing actions
c) match oneself with the setting of your office
Business Feng Shui can be applied to improve business prospects, enhance staff relationships and increase revenues. Feng Shui consultants have been using methods in business Feng Shui to pick locations and set up proper internal layout and arrangement. This workshop is designed to provide the audience with basic knowledge and effective techniques in business Feng Shui that they can implement by themselves. The topics include:
1. background knowledge of business Feng Shui
2. Feng Shui tips about picking building locations
3. Feng Shui tips about internal layout
4. 8-mansion system to calculate auspicious and inauspicious directional sectors and orientations
5. basic flying star system to calculate spots that are favored in wealth, relationship, etc.
3. Fortune Feng Shui workshop
Feng shui studies the effect of working environment to human beings. The objective of Business is to create wellness and fortune. Business Feng Shui has now been accepted and practiced by many people mostly in Asia and Europe. When business buildings and offices are designed based on Feng shui principles, business and employees perform better, resulting in higher productivity and increased profitability. This has been proven by many examples from successful fortune 500 companies. In this workshop, we will use real corporations to show you how they designed their buildings using Feng shui principles or use Feng shui services regularly.
Business Feng shui also provides you with an insight into the Eastern way of thinking and acting, which may lead to a deeper understanding of your business partners and gain more competitiveness and wealth.
Physiognomy is part of Feng shui which will be introduced in this workshop. Physiognomy focuses on destiny and fortune. When equipped with this knowledge, you will gain a competitive advantage over others, it can be served as a strategic tool to manage our lives.
In this workshop we will cover a few hot topics in applying physiognomy in business such as how to tell if a person will be successful in career or successful in business; understand your boss or your employee; How to know when to be aggressive and when to be conservative in career path and business etc. You will learn some handy Feng Shui techniques about how to set up your office, which should have a positive effect on profitability as well as some quick tips about how to choose partners and employees from Feng Shui perspective.
Touro Graduate school of Business, 65 Broadway 2F, NY, NY 10006
3. Feng Shui workshop for real estate agents/developers
Feng shui is an art of analyzing the impact of environment to human being. Buildings/houses/apartments with negative features in feng shui could cause health problems ( such as fatigue, mental strains, illness, etc ), poor judgement, relationship issues or wealth loss. On the other hand, living place with positive feng shui features will improve the quality of life of the occupants. The effect of feng shui is physical and material. It is of great advantage for real estate professionals to have some feng shui knowledge to better serve their clients.
1. How to pick location and orientation (sitting and facing) of the building.
a) 5 typical negative features from surroundings – avoid those buildings
b) 5 typical negative features from internal setup
c) Introduction of flying star system – calculate auspicious and inauspicious orientation of the building.
2. 15 common concerns about Feng Shui from your clients – how to answer those questions ( or solve those issues)
Example concerns include: construction near the building, main door facing a window(or mirror), kitchen-bathroom facing each other, etc
3. Know your selling point – Tell your client that your apt/house has advantage in Feng Shui
What is the advantage? -Use 8 -mansion system to calculate
4. Brief introduction about date/time selection – how to pick date/time to show the apt/house to your prospect client
4. Feng Shui sales & management training workshop
Wall Street Chinese has been working with real estate developers, property management companies, Restaurants, Jewerly store. We worked with corporate clients such as Standard Bank, Stonehenge property management, Zuma restaurants etc in Business Feng Shui consulting.
1. Feng Shui consulting for residence, office & commercial space
It is an on-site consultation at apartment, office or commercial space. The consultant will identify and fix any Feng Shui flaws that might negatively affect business performance. Upon request, we can provide a Feng Shui evaluation report with analytical data and recommendations to improve the overall quality of your working environment. A one-to -one consultation with the home owner or business owner is included in the service.
From $388 per 2 hours time, additional hourly charge: $188/hour
2. Feng Shui consulting for small business owners
Running a successful business depends on working space, environment, communication, employees, and other factors. We provide an overall analysis on your business including locations, structures, management team, and employees to help you make better strategic decisions. A one-to-one consultation with the business owner/manager and a professional Feng Shui evaluation report with case studies will be provided with this service.
The charge for Feng Shui consulting for small-medium business owners is from $388 per 2 hours session. Additional hourly charge is $188/hour
3. Feng Shui consulting for real estate developers
We provide a comprehensive Feng Shui consulting service for real estate development projects during design, planning, constructing and sale stages. This service is designed for real estate developers with big commercial, residential or mixed use combination projects. A professional Feng Shui evaluation report with case studies and suggestions/corrections will be provided with this service.
The project consultation charge is based the length of the project. The basic charge is $888 per consultation, any additional hourly charge is $288 per hour.
4. Business Feng shui consulting for corporations
Running a successful business depends on to working space, environment, communication, employees, and other factors. We provide an overall analysis on your business including locations, structures, management team, and employees to help you make better strategic decisions. A one-on-one consultation with the business owner/manager and a professional Feng Shui evaluation report with case studies will be provided with this service.
The charge for Business Fengshui consulting is from $888 per consultation. Multiple sessions may be suggested.
1. What is Feng Shui
Feng Shui is an art of analyzing the Qi ( see the section “What is Qi in Fengshui” ) of people’s living/working environment and how the Qi would affect people. In Chinese “Feng” means wind, “Shui” means water. The name “Feng Shui” probably comes from the original understanding of the interaction between Qi and wind/water. Traditional Feng Shui script says “Qi” is dispersed by wind and gathers at the boundary of water”. Through centuries of empirical research and statistical analysis, Feng Shui masters made new discoveries, redefined old theories and passed down the knowledge to the new generations.
Regardless of the different schools of theories and methodologies, the goal of Feng Shui is to improve people’s quality of life or performance of a business/city/country. It is a goal-oriented art and science. Generally speaking, Feng Shui is about creating a comfortable and harmonious living/working environment for people. Once this is achieved, we go to the next step to make use of the tools in Fengshui to support people’s goals and suit people’s specific needs.
2.What is “Qi”
“Qi” is the core concept of Feng Shui. Simply speaking, Feng Shui is just about analyzing Qi and harnessing Qi. But what is Qi?
Some people say it’s natural energy such as energy from wind, some others say it’s cosmic energy, still others say it’s electromagnetic fields. In Taoism, it is the substance that keeps people alive and vibrant. In one word there is no agreement about what Qi is yet. Why is it so hard to reach an agreement? Three reasons: first, it is a concept from ancient Chinese and the meaning of Qi has been changing as people know more and more about the world, universe and human-beings. Second, it’s not a scientific concept such as energy or force that has stringent definitions. Even in Taoism, Qi seems to mean different things in different cases. Let’s say Qi is energy, then what type of energy it is? Wind energy, Cosmic energy, or nuclear energy? It’s not clear. Third, there is a effective way to measure Qi. People can’t see it , hear it, taste it or touch it. There is not instrument that claims to be able to measure Qi. It seems to be immeasurable.
In scientific terms, the concept that has the closest meaning to Qi is field, maybe a vector field since Qi has direction. In physics, field is a mathematical construct that has value for each point in space and time. The field occupies space, contains energy and its presence eliminates a true vacuum. The field creates a “condition in space”( according to Feynman’s lectures on physics ) such that when we put a particle in it, the particle “feels” a force, be it a gravitational force or electromagnetic force, etc. It’s also hard to measure field itself directly. The concept of Qi is very much like the concept of field. People create the concept of Qi ( just like people create the concept of field ) to understand the nature and interpret the phenomena in nature.
So “Qi” is something that is created by the nature and interacts with matters. There is a specific type of Qi called “Sha Qi”. Feng Shui masters call Sha Qi a merciless, killing or simply bad Qi in Feng Shui terminology. I list some common types of Sha Qi in “List of Common Feng Shui Issues”. Using “field” analogy, Sha Qi is the type of “field” generated by the environment that will disturb or disrupt the “field” generated by the human-being. The phenomena we can observe is people might become unhealthy, feel uncomfortable, or cannot think/behave normally, etc, if affected by Sha Qi. In general, we want to avoid Sha Qi.
3.Misconceptions about Feng Shui
There are common questions about Fengshui.
Is Fengshui superstition?
There are multiple reasons that Feng Shui is considered as superstition by some people.
First and the major reason, people don’t truly understand what Feng Shui is and hear from others saying Feng Shui is superstition. Obviously this is not the right or fair way to think of Feng Shui.
Second, “the new age Feng Shui” does contain lots of non-scientific “cultural superstitions”. There are some examples below in this section. This creates the image in people’s minds that Feng shui is superstition. But there are Feng Shui consultants that practice traditional Feng Shui, based on observable principles.
Third, the concepts in Feng Shui are very different from concepts in natural science such as physics, chemistry, biology, etc. People tend to think in terms of white or black but this is not true. Just as “force” is a concept people create to interpret interaction between macroscopic bodies, “Qi” is a concept people create to understand the interaction between objects. Essentially you can replace “force” by any other name you like but in convention people call that “force”. Feng Shui should not be treated as superstition because some concepts in it are abstract or different from other natural science.
Fourth, the theory in Feng Shui is not fully developed yet. Even Feng Shui consultants don’t understand the underlying physical mechanism of some theories in Feng Shui. However, based on the personal experiments and data collection from Feng Shui scripts, they work. It’s not right or fair to say something is superstition because some theories in it are not fully developed. You cannot say physics is superstition because Newton’s second law “F=ma” doesn’t take into account relativistic effect.
Is Fengshui about decorating the house with “good luck” or special objects including paintings, Bagua mirrors, crystals, little stones, color papers, sculpture, all kinds of art items, doohickeys and figurines, etc?
This is a common and major misconception about Feng Shui. Feng Shui is about analyzing Qi and harnessing Qi. It is true that sometimes, aquariums, plants or light, etc are used to tap/activate beneficial Qi but the placement of “good luck” or special objects is only part of “culture”. They might work to some extent but it’s not part of Feng Shui.
Is the house number, floor number, car number, phone number, credit card number part of Feng Shui?
Auspicious numbers are part of “culture superstition”, like fortune cookies. They are not part of Feng Shui. In Feng shui, we talk about Qi, those numbers have nothing to do with Qi profile.
Can I become rich/powerful ( or find my true love ) by living in a good Feng Shui house?
This is another major misconception. Good Fengshui does NOT make one rich or powerful. Good Feng Shui can increase the chance or opportunity for one to become rich or powerful, or conversely, to lose the opportunity. One still has to seize those opportunities. There is no free money. Same for relationships.
I tried some Feng Shui love rituals but nothing happens to me. Does Feng Shui magic work?
There is no ritual thing involved in Fengshui. Any spiritual practice is not part of Feng Shui. Feng Shui is not magic either. It’s not that Feng Shui doesn’t work if you attempt to use tools that are not part of Feng Shui.
My back hurts, I have headache, my stomach doesn’t feel good, I have constipation, etc. Can I use Feng Shui to solve the problem?
One should probably see a doctor to solve health problems. True, certain bad Feng Shui can cause health issues but there is no way that Feng Shui can fix health problems. Medicine fixes health problems.
I had really bad luck recently. Could there be some Feng Shui problems?
Not necessarily. There could be multiple reasons. If one is indeed talking about “luck” then it’s possible that he/she just enters into a “bad luck” period. That’s why the astrology and physiognomy analysis should always be taken into account during Feng Shui consultation.
4. What is our standard Business Feng Shui consulting procedure
This is a full protocol. In reality certain steps are excluded or modified.
- Communicate with the client and understand the client’s specific needs. Make a list of all the requests from the client. This is always the first step before doing any analysis because this will determine what tools in Feng Shui will be applied.
- Evaluate the landform ( mountain, water, etc ) and all other environmental features ( building, road, traffic flow, etc ) using Feng Shui rules. Pick a location for living/business based on the evaluations. Definitely avoid location with major Sha Qi (See the section “What is Qi in Feng Shui” and “List of Common Feng Shui issues” ). If the location is pre-determined and there is major Sha Qi from exterior according to the evaluation, certain remedies are necessary.
- Determine the location and direction of the main door or main entrance using “Flying Star” method ( from “San Yuan” system, See the section “Schools of Feng Shui” ) if the main door has not been constructed yet. The location/direction of the main entrance is the connection between the interior and exterior so it will affect the Qi flow to a great extent. This step is to ensure that the location/direction of the main entrance is most favored and beneficial for the target person or business.
- Construct the interior without causing any flaws in Feng Shui if not yet constructed.
- Evaluate the interior features. Remove or modify any constructions/placement that might generate Sha Qi from inside.
- Analyze the client’s Ba-Zi chart ( a type of Chinese astrology that is closely associated with Fengshui ). Do the face reading and palm reading analysis. This is a critical step because the next three steps will depend on the result of the analysis in this step.
- Measure the direction of the building/house/apt/room. Use Eight-Mansion theory (See the section “Schools of Fengshui” ) to determine the sectors that govern different aspects of the business ( revenue, employee relationship, support from customers, etc ) or target person’s life
- Use Flying Star method to analyze the Qi profile. Determine the placement of furniture ( bed, desk, table, chair, couch, etc ) or Feng Shui product ( plant, light bulb, etc ) in certain cases.
- Answer client’s questions. Solve any specific issues if not yet solved in previous steps.
Feedback from 5/18/13 Introduction to Feng Shui workshop:
“Dr Li is knowledgeable. He gives a lot of information and examples. It is very informative.Would like to get more advanced training.” – – by 13 attendees
– “Dr Li provided accurate facts about me. He answered my career questions and gave me advice on them too’. – Anna M, a client for Individual Feng Shui consulting
– Dr Li was able to effectively match up a number of events in my life with his calculation in order to help predict good and bad times to make key decisions in my life. The reading is effective. – Janu V. owner of Structure integration
– Dr Li is very accurate, honest, his personal and home Feng Shui consultation is very helpful and professional with a very trusting and scientific approach. We will definitely recommend him to my friends and business associates. – Simon & Catherine Mok
– Li was very helpful and very supportive in offering suggestions to make my life more comfortable and successful. Definitely worth it!
– Sabra Brock, Dean of Touro graduate school of business
– Dr Li was very helpful and honest. He was very thorough with his explainations. He gave suggestions and options on how to improve home Feng Shui layout. I would recommend Dr Li to my friends and family. – Michelle Nguyen about her home Feng Shui consultation experience
– It was very refreshing to go through important aspects of my life with Dr Li. He gave me good guidance as to how to go about my career, home, personal life. I am thankful to him for his knowledge and care. – Jassara Lee, fashion designer and business owner
– Dr. Li’s Home Feng Shui Consultation was a wonderful experience. The suggestions he had for us and our new place have improved our lives tremendously. His honesty and knowledge are impressive. I felt a true connection with him.Thank you both for guiding us in this journey of our lives. – Jose Quinowes, home feng shui consulting service user
– I respect Lee’s prediction a lot. He is dedicated and professional, very passionate about Feng Shui! – Lisa Z. Financial analyst
– Dr. Li did analysis and forecast on my current and future career development from Feng Shui perspective, then he not only explained the inner logic of his analysis and forecast in a detailed manner, but also provided specific advice and suggestions regarding my future career development. It was an very interesting, meaningful and enlightening experience doing Feng Shui consulting with Mr. Li. – William H. Graduate student
– Dr Li was very patient and pretty accurate. His session was also very educational and enjoyable. – Angel C, Personal Feng Shui consulting
– I am a partner of an IT consulting firm in central New Jersey. I also have my own consulting firm specialized in IT infrastructure and data analysis. I have had an opportunity to have Mr. Li Li forecasting my career recently. It’s a great conversation that exceeds all my previous similar experiences: It’s accurate and right to the point. Being a Chinese myself, I see the unique combination of modern science and traditional Chinese Yi Jing in Mr. Li’s approach and really think this is correct way to extend this ancient practice going forward. Mr. Li is also very personable and respects client’s privacy and cultural preferences. Highly recommended! – S. Zhao, IT consultant